Shadows create contrast in what we see. They can be a dynamic entity in and of themselves.
- I can create a painting in which a shadow is the focal point.
- I can use painting media to create a piece of artwork.
- I can use the Rule of Third to format my composition for maximum interest.
- I can focus in on a subject and fill the space effectively.
- You must have a shadow holding a prominent position of interest.
- You must include a portion or part of your subject (what is casting the shadow)
- You must cover the entire surface of your artboard. White space should be carefully considered and used only to enhance the composition.
- Rule of Thirds
- Focal Point
- Painting Media (list types of materials included in a painting category)
Find an interesting angle and get close.
See examples; do not copy!